We all desire a bit of luxury now and again. Often, when we think of pampering ourselves, we envision a spa day. But reality is, that a day at the spa requires planning to fit an appointment into our busy schedule, fighting traffic to get there on time and then dishing out our hard earned bucks to pay for it before heading home.
Wouldn’t it wonderful if you could bring the spa to your home? Before, we tell you how you can have a hair spa treatment from the comfort of your own home; let us see how hair treatments can improve your hair.
DIY hair spa treatments
Olive oil hair treatment for damaged hair
This treatment will not leave your hair oily and is suitable for all hair types. Olive oil is jammed packed with antioxidants that aid in repairing your hair and preventing damage.
Have on hand:
- 2 – 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- Bowl of boiled water (for steam)
1. Massage the oil into your dry hair, working into your scalp and rub into the tips of your hair.
2. Steam your hair by placing your head over the hot water but not too close that it burns. Bend over the pot with a towel over your head for ten minutes.
3. After ten minutes, place the extra towel into the hot water and wring out the excess water and wrap around your head. Cover with a the dry towel and wait 15 to 20 minutes more and wash out in the shower with a sulfate free shampoo.
Strawberry hair spa treatment for hair loss
This is an excellent treatment for those who are losing hair. It is rich in antioxidants, folic acid and vitamins B5 and B6, which will leave your hair feeling nourished and stronger.
Have on hand:
- 1 cup of strawberries, cleaned
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Blend all of the ingredients together until combined well.
2. Have a hot shower and towel dry, wrap in a towel.
3. Apply the strawberry paste to your hair and leave on for 15 minutes. Cover with a plastic bag to keep the heat on your head.
4. Wash off in the shower with a sulfate-free shampoo.
Beer hair spa treatment for greasy hair
Beer is full of B-vitamins that fortify your hair, plus you only need to use half a cup of beer, so you can drink the rest. Sounds like a win-win to me.
- 1/2 cup of beer
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp. apple vinegar
Mix all of the ingredients together until while combined and apply to your hair, let sit for 30 minutes. Rinse with cool water (hot water will cook the eggs).
Aspirin hair spa treatment for dandruff
Does the idea of using a dandruff shampoo seem unattractive? Make your shampoo product that won’t cause your hair to have an addictive dependency on.
Grind up one aspirin and add to about a dollop of your favorite shampoo. Wash you hair as you normal would and stay goodbye to your dandruff.